Kid’s Ministry Director
First Baptist Church of Parsons, TN is a growing and active church and a pillar of our community. It is located in rural west Tennessee along the Tennessee river where it is a great place to raise a family and place your roots.
General: First Baptist Church exists to love God, love others, and make disciples who go to our neighbors and nations with the gospel of Jesus (Matthew 22:37-40, Matthew 28:19-20). This mission is what the Kid’s Ministry Director will be expected to be passionate about and personally live out while helping others to devote their lives to do the same. This person will be expected to be a true servant leader; who is teachable, humble, and a person of high integrity. This person will uphold the ministry philosophy and values of the church and will help oversee and lead the Kid’s Ministry (birth-6th grade).
The Kid’s Ministry Director will:
- Work with church Pastors to develop the vision and goals for the Kids Ministry.
- Have direct oversight over all Sunday morning and Wednesday night Kids ministry and discipleship programing while also assisting in providing curriculum and associated classroom supplies that is consistent with the overall discipleship strategy of the church.
- Be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing various kid’s discipleship experiences to include camp style events each year in addition to expanding the Kids ministry experiences outside of the regular Sunday morning and Wednesday night programs.
- Assist in the implementation of parent ministry opportunities, resources, and events.
- Heavily invest in developing relationships with parents and families.
- Assist leadership in recruitment, equipping, and training of kid’s ministry leaders and team members while ensuring proper background checks are accomplished and maintained.
- Plan and recruit volunteers to implement special kid’s ministry events.
- Have administrative responsibilities to include ensuring Kid’s Ministry policies are updated, preparing and managing the annual kid’s ministry budget, and keeping the kid’s ministry database updated.
- Participate in the mission and evangelism efforts of the church.
- Be an active participate in the small group ministry life of the church when able.
Ministry Meetings: The Kid’s Ministry Director will be responsible for attending scheduled staff and leadership meetings in addition to regular programming and purposeful events in the life of the church.
Relational: Ministry is about caring for people. As expressions of loving God and loving others, the Kid’s Ministry Director will exhibit a heart for people through connecting with our staff, volunteers and congregants in a way that creates an environment that inspires people to become wholehearted followers of Jesus. This role requires the ability to work with various personality types and establish a strong culture of relationships and community. The Kid’s Ministry Director must be highly relational and have the ability to sincerely, effectively engage with people within our extremely diverse culture.
Organizational/Planning: Establish clear lines of communication with staff and volunteers. Exhibit the capacity to balance multiple activities with grace. Design and implement ways for people to connect relationally. Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of the Kid’s Ministry involvement as a strong component of our discipleship process.
Self-Motivator: Manage time effectively and efficiently. Ability to thrive in an interdependent and transparent work environment. Possess a strong work ethic. Ability to maintain a positive and proactive ministry environment.
Equipping/Training: Plan and execute regular Kid’s Ministry team training, ensuring the existence of a healthy team who are effectively equipped for the work of ministry.
Confidentiality: In the life of a church, confidentiality sustains a culture of trust and promotes confidence in those we serve. It is non-negotiable.
Spiritual: Love Jesus more than you love ministry. This would be personally played out in your life through the study of the Word, prayer, and worship. The foundation of who you are is biblical humility; that your character is greater than your gifting, and your humility is greater than your influence. Serving at First Baptist Parsons would not just be a job, but a partnership of investing in you as you invest in others. We would be your church family.
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation ranges based on experience. Paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays. This position will be required to work 30 hours per week with the occasional increase in hours due to camp involvement or large event preparation, planning, and execution.
Statement of Faith: Candidate must affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
If Interested: Send resumes to email@example.com