OAK VALLEY BAPTIST CHURCH
Ministry Support Specialist
Oak Valley Baptist Church is seeking a Ministry Support Specialist for an active church office, multi-staff setting.
Ministry Support Specialist
Hours: 8:30 – 1:30 Monday – Friday
Pay Rate: $20-25 per hour (based on experience)
Scope of Work:
- Communication – 50%
- Ministry Support – 40%
- Financial – 10%
Work with ministry leadership to define, develop, and effectively communicate messages to church-wide and specific audiences by:
- Providing consistent, up-to-date information to the church body. (Currently weekly emails)
- Ensure church website is up to date with current information, events, and resources
- Maintain and update the church’s social media profiles, including regular posts about past events and advertising upcoming events, monitoring comments and messages on OVBC accounts.
- Maintain and update the church’s LED sign with current information and graphics
- Anticipates needs of church leadership and offer creative solutions to problems
- Supports the ministerial staff in the execution of the various OVBC ministry areas
- Keeps church staff and Elder Leadership Team (ELT) informed of member’s need such as deaths, illnesses, and other crises.
- Assist with routine correspondence and documents as needed/requested.
- Keep accurate church records, (e.g., church members, prospects, calendar, etc.) working in cooperation with the staff and ELT
- Perform general office work including, but not limited to:
- Maintain church management system
- Facilitates cash and expense management process in accordance with established policies
- Maintain supplies and various files
- Develops reports in support of ministry requirements
- Administer church calendar and events and overall facility usage
- Coordinate scheduling with building & grounds maintenance needs
- Orders materials and supplies; pick up supplies as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
- Able to be productive with minimal direction from ELT and/or church staff; Self -starter/independent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Committed to the mission of the church
- Creative thinker and writer / willing to think outside the box
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Organized - Basic accounting/bookkeeping procedures and good organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and ability to work with graphics.
- Experience and ability in managing social media platforms and email marketing tools (including, but not limited to, Facebook, X, Instagram, Mail Chimp)
- Experience with webpage editing
- Ability to work with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite
For more on Oak Valley Baptist Church, visit www.oakvalleybaptistchurch.org
If interested in applying, please send a resume and references to:
Benjamin Pate – email@example.com